Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3, 2011

I begin my 66th year having just completed a year filled with joy, trepidation, and some health concerns. The joy was highlighted by Ali's graduation from James Madison University in May. The whole family was proud of her accomplishment and happy in the notion that she chose well in selecting a college and that she had a successful college experience. We were also proud that Erin successfully complete her freshman year at Susquehanna and that her 2nd year has started off with many positives. The trepidation surrounded Matt's health problems. He was diagnosed with Graves disease(hyper-thyroid)and went through a year of treatment that left him debilitated. He seems to have turned the corner and is feeling better so my hope is that 2011 will be a good year for him, he deserves one. My own health concerns, while troublesome for a time have so far not resulted in any noticeable deterioration in my overall health. I was diagnosed with monoclonal gomopathy a blood condition that can lead to multiple myeloma, which is bone marrow cancer. So far the levels of the abnormal protein in my blood are low but I will be monitored every three months for the next year to see if there is any change.

No comments: